Re: I'm a dummy and I hate the electric fan

To: Dan and Louise Yates <yates@sk.sympatico.ca>,
Subject: Re: I'm a dummy and I hate the electric fan
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 14:52:28 -0700 (PDT)
I've only had one other car with a heater core problem and it was a
1979 Ford with a 302 V8.  The same principles applied, though.  Water
is routed through the heater core, which is really just another little
radiator.  It radiates heat, which is used to heat the air that the fan
circulates.  Come to think of it, I did have a different kind of
heating system in my 1970 VW fastback, but it had no radiator,
obviously.

--- Dan and Louise Yates <yates@sk.sympatico.ca> wrote:
> My roadster is in a million pieces so forgive me if this sounds dumb
> but on
> any car I've had, the heater control merely controls the air flow
> through
> the heater core, not the coolant flow. Are roadsters different?
>
> Dan Yates.
>
> Ronnie Day wrote:
>
>  Turn your heater temp control to full HOT so that the water flows
> > through the heater core, too.

=====
Adam
'70 1600 SPL311-28181