Re: I'm a dummy and I hate the electric fan

To: "Adam Bradley" <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: I'm a dummy and I hate the electric fan
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 15:14:21 -0400
Adam,

The bleeder is under the header, towards the rear and above the starter,
and if you don't have a drain valve like I do it will be a hex plug. FWIW,
only about 1/2of the coolant is drained through the rad, the rest is drained
through the block bleeder. Put a big pail under it as it drips all over the
place. I put a tube on my valve so that doesn't happen anymore.

You won't believe how much crap will be in the coolant when you open the
bleeder. Even though coolant is circulated by the pump, the heavy crap
settles in the lowest part of the block. That's why you must bleed the block
too and this is true for all cars.

Mike