Re: I'm a dummy and I hate the electric fan

To: Brian Hollands <bholland@hayes.ds.adp.com>
Subject: Re: I'm a dummy and I hate the electric fan
From: Gary McCormick <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 11:09:28 -0700
212 deg. F is the boiling point for pure water at 1 atmosphere - 14.7 PSIA.
Change
anything - the composition of the liquid, or the ambient pressure - and that
changes.
Pressure cookers work  because the higher pressure inside suppresses boiling,
allowing the
water to reach a higher temperature; this is also why mountain climbers drink
lukewarm tea
- at high altitudes the boiling point of water is lower due to the lower
ambient pressure.

Gary McCormick
San Jose, CA