Re: Roll Bar Question

To: John F Sandhoff <sandhoff@csus.edu>, Paul Souza
Subject: Re: Roll Bar Question
From: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 17:14:24 -0600
>> Paul

>> I have been considering a roll bar for my 69 2000 too but I am concerned
>> about the added weight.

> John

> Bar plus massive steel plates to 'sandwich' it to a solid body: maybe
> 75 pounds.
>
> Possible result by not adding those 75 pounds: I'd rather not think
> about it.
>
> Put in the bar and drive with an empty tank :-)

I doubt most bars weighs 75 lbs. I could easily pick up the one I took out
of our 2000. It's a nice substantial basic bar without a cross piece for
harness mounting. Took it out so the seat would go back all the way. I'm
guessing that it was costing me at least 3 inches of seat travel.

I'm considering having one made that mounts to the frame through the package
shelf, or at least building structural braces between the frame and the
lower side of the package shelf, then bolting the main hoop to these braces.

FWIW,
Ron