Re: Roll Bar Question

To: z m <porrada76@yahoo.com>, datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Roll Bar Question
From: Andy Cost <andycost@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:26:24 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
If the roll bar fits under the top then you will probably hit your head on the
ground in a rollover.  Therefore, it really doesn't matter how the rollbar is
attached.  If you use steel plates then the floor will probably split at the
seams.  Your plates will be securely fastened to a detached floorboard.  The
only roll bar that will protect you is one that is much taller than the soft
top and is secured to the frame.  Anything else is just for looks and will not
protect you at all.  A four point harness is good at keeping you from moving
around in a crash and during hard maneuvers.  It would probably be a hazard in
a rollover if you don't have a good roll bar.