Roll Bar Question

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Roll Bar Question
From: z m <porrada76@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:31:27 -0800 (PST)
So what size steel plates are recommended?  1/4" by 6" square?  I have a roll
bar (installed by a previous owner) but it is just bolted to the body.  I'd
rather not weld it to the frame, and I wonder if just adding a couple sandwitch
plates will be enough to protect me in a low speed (below 65mph) rollover on
the street.  I am currently running stock seatbelts w/shoulder harnesses.
Opinions on getting a full race harness instead?
-Zack