Re: [Roadsters] (OT) 1974 B210 on eBay - too funny not to pass along

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] (OT) 1974 B210 on eBay - too funny not to pass along
From: "E Scanlon" <escanlon@wa-net.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 13:58:13 -0800
>I checked the bid history and noticed that one bidder with zero feedback
>has
> placed about 30 bids, and on several occasions has bid him/herself up 5
> times with no responding bid. I suspect that's either a flake bidder or
> the
> seller has a confidant - perhaps the blonde - that is pushing the price
> up.

Greg;
You're reading way too much into it.  The numerous bids are because of a
prior bid that was higher than the incremental bids that were being made.
It ~appears~ to be bad until you look at the time when each of the bids was
made.  Those "upward bids" you refer to are just failed bids.

To simplify:

Bidder A places a $500 bid on an item that started at $1 at 0100 (1 am for
you non-military types)
He will be the current winning bidder with a $1.00 bid

Bidder B places a $100 bid at 0200 (2 am) but will not overbid bidder A.
Auction will now show Bidder A with a $101 bid. (using a $1.00 bid
increment) from the original 0100 bid

Bidder B places a $200 bid at 0215.  Again, not enough
Auction shows Bidder A with a $201 bid with an 0100 date stamp

Bidder B places a $600 bid at 0230 Now he's the current winning bidder.

Bids will read as follows on e-bay:

Bidder B $600 0230
Bidder A $500 0100
Bidder B $200 0215
Bidder B $100 0200
Start: $1.00

It appears as if Bidder B bid against himself to schill the bidding but he
didn't.  Same with this auction.  u**s was upping their bid by $100
increments every few minutes/seconds and b**s was using $1000 increments
once a day.