Re: [Roadsters] (OT) 1974 B210 on eBay - too funny not to pass along

To: datsun-roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] (OT) 1974 B210 on eBay - too funny not to pass along
From: andycost@embarqmail.com
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 18:01:07 -0500 (EST)
I second the motion that there is some shill bidding going on.  The bidder is
making small bids up to the winning amount.  That way they will only be a few
dollars higher than the real bidder.  When the auction ends the real bidder
sees that the shill bidder bid incrementally and can guess how much to bid to
win by a dollar.  I don't play that game.  When someone bids up an auction 30
times it is a clear sign that they are shill bidding.  My advise is to put in
your max bid and stick with it.  If you get outbid then let the shill bidder
have it.  The seller will have to pay fees and will lose in the long run.  The
best way is to snipe the auction in the last 5 seconds if the shill bidders
haven't run the price up already.

Andy