fot

Re: FOT NewsFlash: Announcing SVRA TR/MG Challenge

To: BillDentin@aol.com, rem9@cornell.edu, emanteno@ibm.net, jsnook@wcnet.org,
Subject: Re: FOT NewsFlash: Announcing SVRA TR/MG Challenge
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 11:38:44 EST
In a message dated 98-10-28 11:20:34 EST, BillDentin writes:

<< I have the same concerns about inviting a half dozen or more 'modern race
cars' to a vintage race.  What's the point?  While I am sure I would still
participate, I really do not favor the idea.  Why would we propose it.  Are we
vintage racers, or what?

Bill,
I respect your opinion. We certainly don't want to cause any of our loyal
folks to feel uncomfortable. Let's see what the consensus is. I wouldn't want
current SCCA racers either. If there are any MG or Triumph Run-off winners
still in the correct configuration, it might be nice to at least have them on
display.

Here's another idea:

 Let them run in group 10 (post 1972 production and GT cars) but not in the
MG/TR Challenge race. We could still let them score points for their
respective side.

Jack Woehrle