fot

Re: FOT NewsFlash: Announcing SVRA TR/MG Challenge

To: rem9@cornell.edu, emanteno@ibm.net, jsnook@wcnet.org, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FOT NewsFlash: Announcing SVRA TR/MG Challenge
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 10:51:38 EST
In a message dated 98-10-28 08:31:43 EST, rem9@cornell.edu writes:

<< I think it would be great to get JK up for this, sorry but I don't know
 Sam. I wonder , if in fact there is to be a MG vs TR feature race, if
 perhaps these cars could enter if they weren't too radical?
 This is definately a question for Jack and Carl. Any opinions? Okay, how
 'bout we invite you both to a few tankards of "Old Spotted Hen", after a
 bit they will seem to appear perfectly suited!
 As I recall, using the Triumph reunion as the standard at Mid Ohio, we did
 overlook some of the requirements and of course this would apply to MGs
 also, well maybe only the slow MGs.  >>

We might consider letting a couple of significant seventies and eighties spec
TR's and MG's run in group 10. I would want to review these prospects and Carl
would want to talk to the drivers. If both sides agree to this it's OK with
me. Those cars are certainly part of racing history and that's what we are
about. Not just pre-whatever history.

JW