fot

Re: FOT NewsFlash: Announcing SVRA TR/MG Challenge

To: JWoesvra@aol.com, rem9@cornell.edu, emanteno@ibm.net, jsnook@wcnet.org,
Subject: Re: FOT NewsFlash: Announcing SVRA TR/MG Challenge
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 13:32:05 EST
Jack:

For my own part, it is not really a question of comfort.  God knows I have
about twenty years experience 'being passed,' so there's no problem there.
But for the sake of discussion, I am just questioning the logic.

I too will be happy to respect the consensus.

Also well to note, that at SVRA TRIUMPH at Mid-Ohio 1992, Jack Wheeler brought
his E-Production car.  I believe he did so at the request of THE ROADSTER
FACTORY, but it was for display purposes only.  As you probably know, that car
won an SCCA National Championship.  As you can imagine, it was 'no virgin and
'ooked the part'.  That is another of my other concerns.  I think vintage cars
ought to look period and be in first class (cosmetic) condition.  As you can
imagine, many current racers bear their battle scars proudly.  Rightly so.
But again, I do not think that is proper for vintage.

Again...this is a worthy discussion.

Bill Dentinger