fot

RE: Gas No gas MIG

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Gas No gas MIG
From: "Russ Moore" <rem9@sunlink.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 11:53:36 -0500
I use a 220 volt single phase Lincoln SP-175 which does have gas. It also
has stitch and spot modes and has been one of the most useful tools I have
ever purchased. Parts (consumables) are inexpensive and readily available. I
typically use an Argon/CO2 mix for steels and then straight Argon for
Aluminum and stainless steel work. I do not use a spool gun for Al and have
had little problem as long as the feed line is kept reasonably straight.
Spool guns are definately nice but I can't justify the expense for the
number of times I work with aluminum. I have done everything from
modifications on Kirkey race seats to repairs on castings.

Russ Moore