fot

Re: Tires - A032R - 205-60/15"

To: "Coffey, Jack" <CoffeyJack@bfusa.com>,
Subject: Re: Tires - A032R - 205-60/15"
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:32:00 -0600
Dunlop non-DOT tires are for sale here. Roger Kraus Racing web page says the
following:

"Dunlop 205/60HR15 Soft Compound Race Tyres

Dunlop treaded tyres. Designed for Racing use, reduced tread depth, race
compounds and construction.

Note: The D84J is very close to the D93J Tread Pattern.

This tire is not USA DOT legal but is European road legal. It will probably
not be possible to get USA DOT approval for these tires. Reasons of cost
were given to me when I inquired.

For this reason these tires will be considered off road or race only tires
even though they are not marked as such. These tires are made in U.K. The 50
Series tires are made in Japan by Dunlop."

Again, I would think the specialty tire guys can import and resell them to
us if they wanted to, and enough of us wanted them.
Bob