fot

[Fot] Brake balance bar

Subject: [Fot] Brake balance bar
From: mckearn2 at gmail.com (McKearn McKearn)
Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 22:28:25 -0500
Hi all.
  Trying to get the GT6 back on the road after a long winter in retirement.
This car has a racecar style braking system with dual master cylinders and
a balance bar for tuning. Last fall I nearly crashed when exiting an off
ramp and had NO brakes...
 After renewing rotors and pads and bleeding the brakes I have discovered
that the balance bar is sticking and flipping back and forth . Actually up
and down would be more accurate. It seams that the rear brakes require less
travel of the master cylinder so the front master cylinder moves much more.
This is causing the balance bar to achieve quite alot of angularity. As it
moves in and out it sometimes flips up or down and sometimes it actually
sticks and refuses to push the left (front) master cylinder in. This seams
strange to me as this has worked fine for several years.Any suggestions??
                 Thanks.  P.J.