Re: Berkley production line

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Berkley production line
From: StevieGii@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 17:58:34 EST
Kieth,
Thanks for the welcome.
I like Brit because I am one. I live in the Uk, land of salt flats and deserts
(not!).
However, I was one of the lucky few who were involved in the Thrust SSC land
speed record project, and I want to say hi to all those who came and visited
us on the Blackrock Desert in 1997.
Some of our visitors brought their machinery over for us to look at, thanks to
the Phoenix truck team, and Jack Costella. And the Gold Coast Roadsters for a
splendid meal in a sandstorm.
My most memorable moment, apart from the records, was the day when Art Arfons,
Craig Breedlove, Richard Noble and Andy Green were all together - All 600mph+
drivers. I'm sure Gary's spirit was there as well.
There is a thriving community of speed nuts over here, and a lot of activity
on LSR vehicles.
Currently there are projects already built and under test for Motorcycle and
Electric.
More info can be got from The Speed Record Club at
 www.soft.net.uk/speedrecord club
They do a neat newsletter rounding up whats happening around the world in
speed on land, water and air.
They would love to hear more about whats happening out on the deserts, its
very difficult getting the latest news here.