Re: Fw: spoilers

To: "Ferguson, Darrell" <dfergus@bactc.com>, <dferguso@ebmail.gdeb.com>,
Subject: Re: Fw: spoilers
From: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 17:17:06 -0800
Hi Darrell;
We ex skunks like to think of a few inconspicuous buildings in Burbank as
the birthplace of all those articles.
One mans spoiler is another mans wing and therein lies the spice of life.
Good luck with the tech committee.
On the subject of wings; a few years back a very vocal competitor in
the modified roadster class petitioned and got a vote of the car owners
on allowing wings in that class. The vote was in the affirmative and he
promptly
sprouted a wing on his roadster. He didn't run it many times though, and
no one else has since. We decided that a wing is increased traction
with a drag penalty while lead is increased traction with an acceleration
penalty. In aerodynamically challenged classes reduced frontal area and
low drag is more important than acceleration.
Jim in Palmdale

----421 N. Palmer, Glendale, California----