Re: Fw: spoilers

To: landspeedracer@email.msn.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fw: spoilers
From: dferguso@ebmail.gdeb.com
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 13:38:07 -0500
john, you said : My feeling is that if they are made of straight flat
plate, designed as part
of the frame, do not extend below the bottom of the frame rail, and don't
extend beyond the rear bumper, they should be legal for Comp Coupe, Altered
and Modified Sports. And I wouldn't mind seeing it in the rule book this
way.

- i might in all fairness to some of the newer cars which dont have alot of
room back there allow it to extend 12 inches beyond the rear bumper - that
would approximately correspond to the max length that a spoiler spill
plate(s)could extend behind a vehicle, (10 inch spoiler chord max plus 2
inch spill plate extension max). this would allow a significant safety
benifit, above and beyond the limit of a rear bumper size limited chine
blade if a competitor so choses, without these chine plates getting
rediculous in size.

what do you think ?
regards, doug @ black radon engineering