RE: Fw: spoilers

To: "'Jim Dincau'" <jdincau@qnet.com>, dferguso@ebmail.gdeb.com,
Subject: RE: Fw: spoilers
From: "Ferguson, Darrell" <dfergus@bactc.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 15:34:29 -0800
Hey Jim in Palmdale ! (Also the birthplace of real jet aircraft- A-12,
YF-12a, SR-71)

        Not to discount your experiences with the SCTA, but I read the rules
to say, If it doesn't specifically say that you can't, then you can. This
basic premise is what allowed pioneers like Smokey Yunik, Don Garlits,
Grumpy Jenkins, and many others to excel and set the tone for excellence at
the forefront of their field. Again, I realize the SCTA has a difficult job
here enforcing the rules for the various bodystyles that compete. My
personal interpretation of a Wing, would be similar to what you would see on
many of the cars currently running in Nostalgia A/GS- basically a dragster
type wing, sticking up above, and behind the roof of the car in the clean
airflow for maximum downforce. My interpretation was that this was the
SCTA's intention behind outlawing "WINGS" in Comp Coupe and Altered. By
closely adhering to the dimensions listed in Section IV-26 h on page 39 of
the 1999 rule book, we hoped to avoid the confusion surrounding the
interpretation of the rules we are now seeing in reference to our spoiler.

Darrell Ferguson
BLACK RADON ENGINEERING
# 939 BBFALT
http://my.cybersoup.com/blackradon <http://my.cybersoup.com/blackradon>