Re: Fw: spoilers

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>, <dferguso@ebmail.gdeb.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: spoilers
From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 10:01:41 -0500
Just a thought Doug & Darrell. Your examples so far are on comp coupe cars
not altereds. Since comp coups are LSR's version of the ultimate door
slammer
there is usually more lea way given in there design and construction so
maybe not a great comparison.

Take this with a grain of salt (pun intended). I am not an SCTA inspector,
but I would interpret the rules this way. Chines: the rules for altereds
state "any frame may be used". If the chines are attached to the frame, and
not the body, and meet all the frame requirements I would think they are
legal. Spoiler: I interpret a flat plate as having a single aerodynamic
surface, regardless of how it is mounted. A curved plate (wing shape) as
having two surfaces. However this may not be what was intended when the
rules were written. Also I would interpret the ten inch cord rule to be from
the rear portion of the body so extending further rearward using side plates
would not comply.

Don't exactly know how your car fits into all this because its hard to tell
from the pictures on your web site (angle & shadows etc..).

John Beckett