Re: Fw: spoilers

To: fields.p@worldnet.att.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fw: spoilers
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 19:14:40 EST
In a message dated 11/15/1999 3:39:11 PM Pacific Standard Time,
fields.p@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< ><<
 > When you say George lost a major portion of his belly pan do you mean it
 > fell off ? If that was the case, shouldn't he have been reinspected? I have
 > seen cars that spin or handle poorly get sent straight to impound for
 > reinspection to ensure the safety of both the car and driver. Often we get
 > too excited about racing to take a step back to look at the big picture,
and
 > run with less than 100% equipment. More often than not, this is when you
get
 > bit. I'm glad to hear George is OK after his crash but hopefully this might
 > bring to light my concerns as far as safety.
 >
 > Darrell

Darrell,
    Yes, my understanding was that the belly-pan just "fell-off". It was
pretty well tweaked, but he had it there in his pit afterward. I have no clue
as to him having the car re-inspected after losing the panel.
    I haven't looked in the rule book to see if a re-inspection is required
after losing a body panel. I KNOW that it is after a spin or exhibiting bad
handling characteristics.
                                    Ardun Doug