Re: aerodynamics

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: aerodynamics
From: "Dave Lum" <dimer@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 06:58:43 -0800
On my website in my Tech Dept, I have an Excel spreadsheet that calculates
HP required for a given Cd and frontal area. It does not take anything else
into account like Mayfields, but it will give you a good estimate of what HP
you need to overcome the aerodynamic drag for a given setup. Also has a
place to estimate frontal area (necessary to get a calcualtion for aero). I
also have spreadsheets to calculate MPH from gearing and RPM in this same
location. They are small downloads and require Excel '95 or later, fairly
simple to use. plug in your numbers and run!

Tech Dept is at http://www.datsuns.com/techmenu.htm
Spreadsheet downloads are at http://www.datsuns.com/Tech/software.htm

Dave Lum
www.datsuns.com