Re: Aerodynamics

To: ardunbill@webtv.net
Subject: Re: Aerodynamics
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 08:25:03 -0700
Bill,
It takes big cubic inches, a very careful set up, great driving and lots of
exotic fuel to make these bricks perform like a car with a low coeffiecent
of drag.  K. C. Leggitt did go 282 in one in C/BFR in 1990 however and that
was a memorable day.  It seems like his one way time was around 300 so they
can be made to go very, very fast.  I still like the Varney-Walsh Cusack
roadster for sheer Bonneville type noise.  When he shut off at the five
mile, people on the starting line could hear the roaring stop.  That grabs
you right in the pit!  Talk about the sounds of Bonneville!
Wes