Aerodynamics

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Aerodynamics
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 08:20:34 -0500 (EST)
Hi Folks.  The recent chat about aero made me ponder the '32 Ford
roadster body like mine and how it fits into the scheme of airflow
things.  The body is vaguely like a slightly tapered brick with a
slightly rounded grill shell.  One wonders what it would show in a wind
tunnel.  Not that I'm going to volunteer mine for Langley.

I imagine that filling the '32 grill shell with a metal panel is an
improvement, rather than just trapping all the onrushing air inside it.
Whatever the aerodynamics are, cars like this run in the 250 range and
over at Bonneville.

Any observations about this topic from the Bonneville veterans??

Holiday greetings from ArdunBill in Chesapeake, VA (The Great Dismal
Swamp)