Re: Aerodynamics

To: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Subject: Re: Aerodynamics
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 08:29:37 -0800
Wes,
Thanks for the "Sounds of Bonneville tape. I received it yesterday and
haven't listened to much of it yet. Also received the W.O.S. refund.
thanks for both.

I just checked my archives and came up with the official one-way speed
for Perris-Eaton's roadster, 297.998 MPH. It was Speedweek 1991, 148
B/FR, tuned by Barry Kaplan, their average was 255+ which they raised in
1992 to 260.299 MPH. Leggitt, 282+ Glenn Deeds, 282+, George Temple,
262+ and others have exceeded the 260 mark in roadsters. Makes you
wonder just how fast that power would take a slippery coupe.

Tom, Redding CA 8:30AM PST