Re: Cut off switch

To: "Mike Manghelli" <mmanghel@hughes.net>,
Subject: Re: Cut off switch
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 06:32:27 -0600
You gotta love the deveristy here....( yeah another way of saying I
disagree )
( operator and mechanical experience in aircraft for 20yrs ... if it weren't
for Solenoids the Apache couldn't shoot a spit wad )

On the end of the day.... there are guys like Skip and I who run Multiple
Battery systems on seperate and dual circuts... I can picture in my mind how
to build the Dual Morse Cable Battery cut off...(simialiar to a dual
Parachute handle ) and I am thinking that there is as much Probabity of
failure of that system as there is with a Constant duty solenoid.... Or I
could simplify my life and be like almost everyone else and run the single
Battery.  But I was liking the innovation of my system.

Interesting though.... I have seen a Bunch of these Morse cables at my Local
boat shop.... seems when one end breaks off they pitch them and install a
new one.... So if anyone wants a Quality Parachute cable those are out there
at your Local boat shop Free for the Asking....

Keith...( all pictures in my mind are in Crayons )