Re: Fuel and Gas Class

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, <V4GR@aol.com>, <jkamo@rapidnet.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel and Gas Class
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 19:56:06 -0700
List,
Every time someone talks about nitrous I think of the Firebird Gary Aikers
(sp?) and Eric Steggemeyer (sp?)(now of NO2 Systems) ran at World of speed
ten years ago. The engine was a John Lingenfelter production.   The four 40
lb nitrous bottles in the back window of that car looked like the fuel for
some rocket plane.  They were running a 350 cubic inch engine with dual
turbochargers on GAS and using the nitrous as a coolant ONLY on the
intercoolers for the turbochargers.  Nothing ingested into the engine but
very cold clean air and racing gas they claimed.  Only went 296 mph.
Wes