Re: Attracting new comers/ Classes

To: John Beckett <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Attracting new comers/ Classes
From: Tim Schoeny <tschoen@fuse.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 07:04:13 -0400
I'm not sure if more or fewer classes would have an effect on
participation,but I believe proximity would.I started drag racing in 1960
because I loved cars and was blessed with two strips in town-one 20 min. away
and one 45 min away.Raced a couple of weekends a month for 15-20 years.More
people in the US are closer to drags than they are to LSR facilities.In my
case I'd love to run Maxton every meet but the 13 hour drive does bad things
to the bod so I only go twice a year.That's one of the things keeping me from
B'ville-I might get there but I might not be able to move when I did.It takes
a lot more time comittment to do LSR stuff  than some other more widely
attended  racing formats and time seems to be a pretty scarce commodity these
days.Don't know how you clone Maxton or ElMirage but if you could I think
participation in LSR would go up-gotta be some old airstrips in the heartland
somewhere doesn't there?
                                                             Tim Schoeny