Re: New Category

To: <ECTA845@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New Category
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 00:38:05 -0500
Randy your Wrong about Taking a Hat anyway I can get it... I had several
offers to get in the Bonneville Two Club this Year... some of them were a
Pay as you go deal and some of them were Genuine offers of Cars cause the
folks know Just how bad I want that Hat.. ...

More then a Hat I want what it represents.... The honest respect of your
peers.... and that can only be earned through your own efforts or your
efforts on a TEAM... I stress Team cause Guys Like Brad absolutely earn the
right to wear that hat even if his name isn't on the pink slip.  He helped
build the car and did a Masterful piece of Driving to get it....

As for the Respect of your Peers.... Lets evalutate the Camaro for a sec
okay.... Dave will tell you this hasn't been a Cheap Date.... it's been
expensive... but I want the Hat... the level that I am raising the Bar to is
Very High so I can do what someone else can do with alot less Horsepower....
now does it mean the records are Soft... hell no... the Gas record I am
going after is held by four GM engineers.. and the Fuel Record is by none
other then Steve Batchleor....  these guys didn't have the Hp numbers that
I am having to make to compensate for the Poor aerodynamic design of the
car....  the GM guys were out there searching this year for 2 Mph... and
searching Hard... They do this every year and have my respect trust me....

What Dan is Trying to do is reshuffle the Playing cards... putting the cards
in the Proper order... trying to make it so guys like me don't have to spend
a Kings ransom to be able or capable of setting a record... he isn't setting
anyone up with a Record... he doesn't even Play in the Class... his Team has
a Modified Sports car.... he just has an interest in seeing as many entries
as he can get on the salt in a given year... and if folks are capable of
setting records they will come.... does that make the Two Club Cheap....
ahhh NO it doesn't... you still aren't going to set the world on fire with a
Studebaker or an early Camaro.. your going to have to work your butt off...
and if you bring a C/Fuel Altered to Maxton... you need to bring a Race
car... not a your dad's Olds....

Okay I feel suffiecently Vented.... I rest my case I am off to BED....
wow.... K