Re: New Category

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Category
From: ECTA845@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 23:48:59 EDT
Well heres my nickels worth on this subject:

I was talking to my brother about the porposed new category.And he asked who
wanted a RED 200MPH club hat without the hard work. It seem's that if you go
and spend a small (or large) fortune  building a old outdated body style or
engine and someone bulilds a better mousetrap (newer/sleeker) it ends up
parked in the shop till you can find someone who will help you get a category
of your own. Thats a sad way to earn a Red Hat. I have ALWAYS thought that
LSR was about hard work and inovation  not I want my own category. Look at
the Black Radon car it's full of
great engineering and workmanship or the McMeekin Brothers 39 year old engine
thats as high tech as some of todays generic small blocks.These two cars run
good
without a special category. Will this  cheapin the records that racers have
already set? I say don't mess with what already works.

Randy Williams,Nashbilly, TN.
( and yes Keith's girly Camaro went 205 in the dirt but i'm sure he'll take
another 200 hat anyway he can get it)