Re: Head Gaskets

To: "Rick Byrnes" <rick@rbmotorsports.com>
Subject: Re: Head Gaskets
From: "Jim Bickford" <jbickford@volcano.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 07:57:37 -0800
Rick,
I have seen this type of metallic o-ring used in the Nissan turbo cars. I
have also seen a similar metallic o-ring that was not pressure filled with
nitrogen but was ported with tiny holes on the interior of the ring. When
placed in the step bore at the top of the cylinder the exhaust gases would
pressurize the o-ring How effective is this compared to the nitrogen filled
rings? They are a litter cheaper.

Jim Bickford