Re: Traction Control

To: John Beckett <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Traction Control
From: Joe Amo <jkamo@rapidnet.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 02:24:40 -0600
John, its all a mute point....tire manufacturers involved in
upper end racing have chips imbedded in the tire carcass
that ultimately sends data (supposedly just temp data) to
the pits from the vehicle on the course
and the reciever can do whatever he or she wants to with the data
data can go to and from the vehicle with telemetry.......

if everyone thinks its all too expensive, you may want to rethink it

the costs for tech. comes down almost exponentially
look whats sitting on old  daily drivers in the junk yards

four lines of code, in an engine management system,
such as is currently done to ensure save engine operating
conditions, is alot cheaper than rebuilding a rolled streamliner
(and personal internal organs)
because the foot was at the incorrect frequency for the injectors
and ignition retard

Joe (hoping to see NEW frontiers of speed explored in my lifetime in any class,
by anyone not just Breadlove or Nobles)  Amo