Re: Traction Control

To: John Beckett <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Traction Control
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 12:28:09 -0400
In the first place i can do it without one(wheel speed sensor)...So a good
thought but not worth the effort. You would have to disallow EFI and data
acquisition, at that point I suspect a lot of cars will be packing up and
leaving.. John it's 2001 the genie is out of the bottle.. Didn't our revered
predecessors use every thing at their disposal to make the cars and bikes
faster??? Without saying it was too new and revolutionary. Bet there was a talk
or too when mechanical fuel injection first came out too. But it is over it is
the racers ingrown desire to go faster at whatever cost with the most technology
they can apply for the most part.. If it special construction my personal
opinion is the the spirit of the rules when first laid down was these cars are
the leading edge of LSR and the rules are for safety and engine classification.
I really don't think that they had a zillion rules that said you can race but
only with old tech and one hand tied behind your back. I also don't think any of
this stuff belongs on a roadster or any other classic LSR car..
Dave