Re: Traction Control

To: John Goodman <ggl205@swbell.net>
Subject: Re: Traction Control
From: Joe Amo <jkamo@rapidnet.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 06:35:47 -0600
I believe that the rate of change of engine rpm could
also reflect traction, and not require a "wheel speed"
sensor, plus even new bikes measure this for the current
engine management systems, for example the counter shaft
sprocket is used for the computer to determine mph for the
guage, and now days for the computer to act as a governor,
as the bike companies have aggreed to limit top speeds on
production bikes to 186 mph,
Well not all the bike companies signed on, not Harley Davidson
but then their speed limiter works a little differently

Joe :)