Re: varity of classes

To: "rgribble" <rgribble@carolina.rr.com>
Subject: Re: varity of classes
From: "Richard Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 14:38:14 -0700
Gribb. I have built a Vintage coupe and I had lots of fun with it. It only
went 158 but at that time it was a record and met the existing rules. I have
run a G/ Roadster with a Lotus 2000cc motor and it was fun although it only
went 141. But thats the record and I got it from a BDP powered car.
I like my 135 mph V4 roadster because of all the stuff I get to make for it
and see if it works. I liked building the Nissans for Jacks car and would
like to run them some more.
What I wouldn't like to do is buy a car and take it to Bonneville to run
against other cars that people bought. I fail to see the innovation here or
the point of doing that. I can't think of anything that would ruin
Bonneville faster than everyone buying cars to run instead of building them.
I have no objection to a NASCAR class. Will you accept Winston West cars? Or
North East Tour cars? Or just cup and Bush cars? What about a class for Dash
cars?
You know some old Bush and Cup cars show up at the Silver State Race and do
Very well. They seem to belong there.                         Rich