Re: classes

To: "wspotter" <wester6935@home.com>, "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>,
Subject: Re: classes
From: "glen barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 13:03:26 -0700
Wes
I have to disagree with you regarding SCTA accepting the Speeds/ Records set
at maxton. First it's a one mile course, second it's pavement not dirt. Two
different venues.Lets keep the racing on the salts flats just that. I don't
have a problem with USFRA running 130 & 150 class cars or bar stools. That's
your choice for the USFRA.

Like you said it's very costly and hard to get volunteers for the events two
times a year for each assoc. We need to take the time to study adding any
new classes to the roster we have. At the lakes a few years ago  a couple of
motorcycle racers  wanted a three wheel class for bikes. We agreed if there
was enough entries to warrant it. They showed up with two bikes and paid the
entry for the 3rd ghost bike. They ran a few meets a never came back.

We are very careful when dealing with the requests for more classes and will
continue to be. Last year someone wanted fuel classes for modified sports.
What next.? The nascar class could be a can of worms with the different
series they have. I'm not sure about the actual body contours of these
vehicle but I know some of the profiles appear to be other then stock.

Well I better get to packing for the World Finals.
Glen (just my thoughts)