Re: Cold Intake

To: john backus <34ford@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Cold Intake
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:00:25 -0800
John,
While this intake cooling discussion has been going on, I have been
thinking about the cold fuel idea that was around for a while back in
the early sixties.  Dave Hooper, a friend of mine who owned a muffler
shop in La Habra, CA was playing with the cold fuel idea and had some
success with it. Hurst put him on retainer to do development work on the
system, but never did market it, at least I'm not aware of it if they
did. I believe that EElco and maybe Edelbrock marketed a device for a
while. Dave had especially good luck with cooling nitro. If done
correctly, there is definitely some HP to be gained with this idea, I
believe.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC