Re: Cold Intake

To: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cold Intake
From: "Rick Byrnes" <Rick@rbmotorsports.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 11:32:33 -0500
It is interesting to note that many of the "boosted" aircraft engines had
exhaust valves of almost the size of their intakes.
Gee do we think there is something to be had with improved (larger) exhaust
valves and ports????  I do.  We actually think exhaust velocity was near or at
sonic in my rather smallish port and 1.590 dia exhaust valve.  I'm working on
changing all of that.

As you can see, I'm trying to get away from this FIA stuff and back to
technical issues where I might learn something useful.

Records are records.  The VALUE is the accomplishment, and the road we took to
get there.

Nothing more and nothing less.  Now, I'm going out to the garage.

Rick