RE: Anotherr race date on the salt?

To: "'Louise Ann Noeth'" <lanoeth@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: Anotherr race date on the salt?
From: "Jon Wennerberg" <jonw@up.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 12:25:58 -0500
Louise, don't tease me.

I'm new enough to land speed racing that I do my best to get to every race I
can attend.  It's fun to go fast.  Publicity would make me giggle that much
harder as I scheduled trips to the Salt.  Fees are important -- but hey,
lower (or at least stable) costs are sure attractive.

Would I "pass" on an existing event?  Probably not -- I'm not knowledgeable
(or is it no-ledge-available?) enough to figger out whether any one race is
"better" for me than any other.  At this point I'll say that I want to run
as many times as I want to run -- long waiting lines mean I'd probably go
out to watch for the first few days and then race after the lines die down
to a three-hour wait or so. . .

I'd accept "time-only" runs, but what the hey -- if I happened to qualify
it'd be cool to have real acceptance for that run, rather than just some
data for the computer log.  Time only wouldn't cut it, therefore. . . but
don't count me out 'cause I said that, hokay?

Would I skip another event for an extra run at the Salt?  Not while John
Beckett is watching, nor the USFRA, or the SCTA, either.  I'm not asking any
of them to do extra chores -- heck, no.  I'll help them at the existing
races and then think about adding more to my menu.  Back to back?  Well,
there's only so many days I can get away from the salt mines here at Star
Industries, so please make sure I can afford the extra time off.

When?  You tell me -- I don't know the salt well enough to say when'd be the
best.  FIA (/FIM) would be cool, sure, but my heart won't stop beating if
they ain't there.  One record book or another is good enough for me.  Jim
Owen, Team Amo, Larry Forstall, Rick Yacoucci, Doug Meyer, etc:  Those are
folks that I want to impress.  I've heard too many horror stories about the
"FI..." folks and their set of particulars. . .  They can watch, they can
certify my run -- but I'm not sure if I need to have their hearty approval.
Prove it to me, although I say sure, another record book would be cool.
SCTA/USFRA/ECTA folks have my respect already -- I question the need for yet
another "certification".

There--a response based on the particulars of your question.  I'll be glad
to further discuss with you, and I'll promise to be at every race I can
attend.  Is that good enough for now?

Jon    #436  1350 M/PS/G
  Marquette, Michigan
 (that's way up north) <<<