Re: Anotherr race date on the salt?

To: Louise Ann Noeth <lanoeth@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Anotherr race date on the salt?
From: Joe Amo <jkamo@rapidnet.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 11:51:06 -0700
My name isnt Jack, but due to the forum, I will chime in,

MOST folks involved in landspeed record pusuits, do
so out of the DESIRE to go fast,  to achieve a piece of
paper with a higher number on it, and this piece of paper
is the time slip, NOT a paycheck.

It is an amatuer sport, not corrupted by money.

Big media cares about big money, big corporations
have big money

Right now big money can come and compete,  often
their efforts come up short against the desire driven
independent efforts, and the money driven entities
like the big four or so auto makers or someone like Kenwood,
seem fade away from the effort,  seemingly (to me), to
have more interest in higher media exposure venues
such as NASCAR, CART, NHRA .....etc.

now this might not be the respone you want,
and might be already well known fact,
and may be sour and ignorant,
and may be more or less amusing,
and less developed,

I would hope it is not discounted.........

Joe :)