Re: Anotherr race date on the salt?

To: "Louise Ann Noeth" <lanoeth@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Anotherr race date on the salt?
From: "landspeedracer" <landspeedracer@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 10:36:32 -0500

> Are there enough race dates on the salt? Folks from the eastern part of
the US
> and beyond may only be financially able to attend one event per year, but
if
> an additional speed trial event were held, how many of the people on this
list
> seriously consider attending?

MAYBE NOT, BUT DIFFICULT FOR EASTERNERS TO TRAVEL MORE THAN ONCE A YEAR.
ALTHOUGH I WOULD LIKE TO.

> Would the event need to have the sanction of one of the existing bodies
(SCTA,
> USFRA, ECTA) or would a "time-only" event be attractive event?

NEEDS A SANCTION. I CERTAINLY WOULD NOT TRAVEL 2,500 MILES FOR A TIME ONLY
EVENT.

> If you attended the extra event, would you "pass" on one of the existing
> events?

NO.

> Would the promise of nationally televised, in-depth coverage make any
> difference to you? Where many of the participants would be profiled for
the
> viewing audience?

NO. I THINK WE ALL RACE LSR BECAUSE WE LOVE THE SPORT NOT THE EGO BOOST.

> What if FIA timing were available as part of the entry fee and the entry
fee
> were equal to OR LESS than existing fees?

FIA IS A BIG WASTE OF TIME AND EFFORT REGARDLESS OF FEES.

> Which month would be better July, August, September of October?

SEPTEMBER or JULY.

> Would it be better to hold the event back-to-back with another (Speedweek
or
> World of Speed) or spaced apart by a few weeks?

SPACED APART.

> With the salt in such wonderful condition, it seems logical to pose this
> question, "If it were held, would you come?"

IF I COULD GET THE TIME AND FINANCES FOR THE TRIP.

John Beckett #79