RE: Spec Gas

To: "'James Tone'" <gmc6power@earthlink.net>, <ardunbill@webtv.net>,
Subject: RE: Spec Gas
From: "Jon Wennerberg" <jonw@up.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 16:40:15 -0500
Hey, there, boys and girls -- Here's the scoop.  I plan to run in gasoline
class (M/PS/G).

I ain't trying to cheat on the "gas" class --just trying to define the
rules.  I've got no hu-huu with ERC vs. VP vs Nutec vs. whomever -- just
trying to determine the specific rules.  I guess you could blame it on my
college degree from a technical university.

I'm looking for each and every miniscule point I can, and Jim, my tuner,
wants to set the bike up as best as we can.  That's why I'm asking about
fuels.  I will be more than happy to define the fuel used at the (various)
races and decide then if I need to spend dyno time tuning the bike for each
different gas.

I was not sure if there were testing availabilities at the track(s) for the
fuel -- or if I need to use race-track fuel as available to be sure I still
qualify.  If I can't have my fuel tested each time -- 'cause there ain't
testing available for "brung with ya gas" -- I'll burn the legal stuff for
each specific event and tune accordingly.  I guess I'll be sending for a
coupla gallons of ERC and VP and so on so I can program for each at the
dyno.

Yeah, yeah, yeah -- I know there ain't that much difference -- but heck,
folks -- I thought this kind of racing encouraged us to look for each and
every miniscule advantage.

I'm gonna go fast this year.

PS Note, if you will, that I've changed my "signature" to admit that 220+ is
my "goal" for 2002, not my attained speed.  Sorry if you believed what I
said previously when I implied I'd already been to 220+.  Let me get there,
and then I'll show you my timing slips.  THEN I'll post that 220+++, okay,
Joe?

            Jon E. Wennerberg
    Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
           #436 M/PS/G 1340 CC
2001: 200.471 mph - 2002 GOAL: 220.554++mph
        Marquette, Michigan 49855
          (That's Way Up North)