RE: Spec Gas

To: <ardunbill@webtv.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Spec Gas
From: "Jon Wennerberg" <jonw@up.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 17:28:37 -0500
Okay, please forgive my ignorance.  Please see if my question is not out of
line.

My bike is tuned using Super #4 Nutec fuel.  The motor is dynoed using that
fuel, and I'm not sure that an ERC fuel or a VP gas will run close enough
that another test, using that "new" fuel, will be necessary without another
dyno run.  But maybe. . .

When we show up at Maxton or at the Salt with Nutec Special 4 -- will we
need to drain and run VP or ERC fuel, or will I be allowed to run for a
record on the Nutec, or will I have to have a sample drawn and tested . . .
or what?  Do I have to dyno the motor with these other fuels for my best
results (in my opinion, of course...)?

I run in M/PS/G class and want to stay there.  I look forward to a
definitive responsive that my fuel is either allowed -- or not allowed.  I'd
rather not show up at the race and be told that Nutec ain't allowed -- I'll
re-do stuff before I get there if you're gonna insist. . .

          Jon E. Wennerberg
 Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
         #436 M/PS/G 1340 CC
 2001: 200.471 mph - 2002: 220.554++