Re: Spec Gas

To: Jon Wennerberg <jonw@up.net>
Subject: Re: Spec Gas
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 05:32:11 -0500
I don't think either place can do a fuel check. Did you make one pull on the
dyno
to see where the EGT would settle out to? a 4 or 5 second pull is hardly enough
to get the probes to stablize at any particular number and it is something you
will need to know at Bonneville the short couse is 3 times longer than Maxton
and
about 20 times longer than your dyno pull. I would be pretty sure too that you
will need ERC for the salt runs to be in gas as well. Might want to call them
and
find out what is the closest to the fuel you have now and what they recommend
and
get 5 gallons of each sent to the dyno and get it over with. Bad enough if you
have carbs to chase the fuel mixture might as well at least find out if you have
the timing set right for the new fuel and get in the ball park jetting wise.
Dave Dahlgren