Re: Carmaro Junk ... Where's your stuff?

To: <Want1937hd@aol.com>, <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>,
Subject: Re: Carmaro Junk ... Where's your stuff?
From: "gary baker" <lsr350@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 20:46:01 +1000
Bob you want to know all about sidecar streamliners hey!, well I'm only to
willing to give you the good oil on them , as far as I know I'm possibly the
only person in the entire world who is building one for LSR if there are any
others PLEASE PLEASE  get in touch.
Down here we operate on the rule book 1 year behind you blokes so my 2001
rules has a whole paragraph dedicated to sidecar streamliners page 101 item 12
which reads "sidecar streamliner this is the ultimate sidecar land speed
vehicle INNOVATION IN DESIGN IS ENCOURAGED must meet all two wheel streamliner
requirements except article 19 skids, all sidecars not meeting the
unrestricted driver exit must run in this class" after I designed my vehicle I
tried to get some interpretation of what exactly did the above really mean as
I interpreted it as meaning follow the streamliner rules for motorcycle
streamliners but there is some conflict and was informed that I had to follow
the 'sidecar rules and the streamliner rules " much more conflict and
confusion seems no one knows what the go is  maybe cause no ones needed to or
had to up to this point so mines a mix of mostly innovation with the safety
items of the streamliner class and the three wheel track rule of the side car
rules.
to answer your questions
1. both, mine is a special one piece construction
2. A side car has only one rear wheel  the 3rd wheel is offset to the side and
forward of the rear wheel ( a sidecar is not a trike where both wheels are
side by side these run in the special construction class) you are allowed to
drive the rear wheel only pity.
mine is designed so I can add an extra wheel and run in the car classes if and
when I desire , by the way mine looks nothing like a conventional side car the
closest thing I can describe it is its vaguely similar to the flatfire
streamliner  its 21' long 33'' high and 47'' wide with a GVM estimated when
finished of 2000lbs twin 1000cc highly modified motorcycle engines Cd of
around 0.2 and a frontal area 0.89m2 rear wheel HP in the area of 700
hopefully so should be good for 300mph ?
THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST
Gary