Re: MC Chain

To: <ardunbill@webtv.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MC Chain
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 07:17:05 -0700
For sure. As I said there are a lot of things to consider. One is "jerk" and
that is the time derivative of acceleration and the loads fro this can be
pretty high. However, "jeck" is very short in durationand so the energy
imparted to the chain is pretty small. Reving and dropping the clutchis also
likely to put a load on the chain but only to the point where tire grip is
lost. Just can't put more into it that the traction will take. I think I
have said more than I know  on this subject and will leave it to those who
drive and work on these vehicles..

mayf, the bike ignorant desert rat in Pahrump...