RE: Counterfeit bolts

To: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Subject: RE: Counterfeit bolts
From: Ed Van Scoy <ed@vetteracing.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 19:40:18 -0700
Destructive testing was the only way I could think of to catch
them....Surprised to hear as Mayf says as much as 10% might be
sampled. I hope that the bogus bolts don't make it into the
marketplace, there is a discount bolt house in Phoenix where I
sometimes buy grade 8's by the pound, rather than by the piece
(box). Then, there is the offshore junk that you buy at Home
Depot, Lowes, etc, where I doubt if they are even a true grade 5.
Ed