Re: Counterfeit bolts

To: Ed Van Scoy <ed@vetteracing.com>
Subject: Re: Counterfeit bolts
From: "Bryan A. Savage Jr" <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 23:16:53 -0700
Ed, List;
Watch out. Isn't just "offshore" bolts. I just found this.

 From the International AntiCounterfeiting Coalition:

In 1989, a Norwegian plane crash killing 55 people reportedly resulted from
substandard counterfeit bolts manufactured in the U.S.
It looks like if it says "Made in the USA" you can be sure that it was made
on this planet and that's all.
I think special bolts should be safe. For example flywheel bolts. Not enough
volume to attract counterfeiters.

I'd like to thank everyone that has commented and contributed valuable
information on this subject.
I appreciate the education. I needed it.

Bryan