RE: FAO Ardun Bill,Re:Irish Motorsport scene-Non Landspeed

To: "'W S Potter'" <wester6935@attbi.com>,
Subject: RE: FAO Ardun Bill,Re:Irish Motorsport scene-Non Landspeed
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 12:19:38 -0500
Wes;

Yes, I sure did-- back when I was in Junior High School. I didn't have the
flashlight taped to the barrel, just held along side the forestock. I had a
Remington bolt-action .22 and shooting rats at the dump provided really good
training in "instinctive pointing" shooting. I got really good at it and
eventually could hit glass jars thrown into the air most of the time. I
astonished a few people one time by hitting a flourescent light tube tossed
into the air but I'll admit (now) that it was just a lucky shot.

For some reason that I'll never understand, I could never hit the broad side
of a barn with a shotgun but with a rifle, I was pretty good.

These days you'd probably get arrested for shooting in a dump. Geez, I'm
glad I grew up back when I did. When I was 12 years old in West Virginia, I
could go into a hardware store and buy a stick of dynamite for 18 cents but
fireworks were illegal! Go figure.

Regards, Neil     Tucson, AZ