Re: FAO Ardun Bill,Re:Irish Motorsport scene-Non Landspeed

To: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>,
Subject: Re: FAO Ardun Bill,Re:Irish Motorsport scene-Non Landspeed
From: "Dave Seely" <dseely@sginet.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 13:12:52 -0600
Where I grew up the houses were built on stilts.  There was one lava rock
'wall' under the house the other three sides were open.  I used to put a red
light in the socket under the house, spread bacon on the rocks and sit and
read a book until a rat came out.  They would pop out of the rocks and I
would perforate them with a 22 mini cap.  The family couldn't even hear it
up in the house.  I would pick the rats up with a pair of pliers and throw
them out into the jungle behind the house.  One day I forgot my pliers, so I
shot the first rat, ran up to get my pliers, by the time I got back, his
brothers had drug him off somewhere.  I eventually just left the rats laying
there and figured that the last one left would be a couple hundred pounds
and I would have to use a 30-06 to kill it and a come-along to drag it out
from behind the Christmas decorations.  We would also use a pellet gun to
shoot crabs on the rocks by the shore.
Dave Seely
1141 XF/VOT