Re: Dry sump

To: bernie brown <bernien2@swbell.net>
Subject: Re: Dry sump
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 06:44:48 -0500
measure the foot lbs and do the math.. the pump runs at 1/2 speed. if 8000 rpm..
then the pump runs 4000. are you suggesting it takes 40 ft lbs to turn the
pump?? more like 5 or less i suspect. I am very sure a 1/2 drill will turn the
pump to full pressure .. I don't have  20 or 40 hp drill that I can hold
though.. All these big losses are mythical in most cases. Look at the belt that
drives the water pump and alternator. How much power do you think you can put
through that belt?? The accessories can not draw more power than the belt can
deliver..
Dave